Sunday, February 15, 2015

A piece, which took its time

Elastic, I pulled the ends apart
I spread it very very thin.
It changed its form for me.
Form, I disliked it deeply
I kept pulling the ends apart,
I even pulled at the edge.
Edge, It gave way for me,
I kept pushing and pulling.
I removed bits and pieces.
Pieces, of my life sprinkled
I had to keep picking them
I had to count each one.
One, the number of days
I spend before each sound
Tweaking with a thought.
Thought, I should let it be
Not hover over it like a wasp
I should really set it free.
Free, my spirit feels true
Intact with the past, present
The future stands in fear.
Fear, of love and being loved
A chance stood again
But I still pulled at love.
Love, the elastic I had kept
With me for so very long.
Elastic, that had changed form.

No comments:

Post a Comment