Monday, May 18, 2015

Of the Wall

The brick
The concrete
The plaster
and the paint.

The flaking paint.

I see the green beneath
the once beautiful blue.
And some of the white
beneath all that was new.

The white which gets on my shirt
and my pants
and my skin.
The white-wash refuses to leave.
Blemishing the brown beneath.

I scraped some blue off
to make some jello cream.
I looked it up fair
but wasn't sure which
flavors to pair.

How to make jello:
1 and 1/2 cup "chosen" juice
1/4 cup cool water
1/4 cup almost boiling water
1 tbsp gelatin powder
1-2 cups of "chosen" fruit.

Mix gelatin in cool water.
Stir briskly.
Add really hot water. 
Stir briskly.
Combine with "chosen" juice.
Stir briskly.
Add "chosen" fruit.
Stir lightly.
Pour in a setting dish.
Refrigerate for good.

I decided against the blue.
I added a grape fruit
as my "chosen" juice.
I now had a beautiful green.
I decided against any cream.
For the fruit I "chose" aubergine.
The flesh appealed to me.

And I looked for the perfect tray
in which to slowly slide
to take that ominous shape
to beautifully support and hide.

I chose against a dish,
instead I poured my wish.
I filled some old eggshells
with the now jello dream.

Knowing, the next morning,
I could have a certain meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment