Monday, September 9, 2013

THE WALL

The wall had fallen
Chunks fell around me
I stood almost rooted
Coveted by the debris.

Not caring about embers
Them crashing, I could see
I could not feel the heat
Enveloped by the blaze.

I stood writing the letters
The ice around melting
I stopped trying to keep-up
As the forces sucked me in.

I slowly then let go the plank,
My wishes could now be true.

The waters, 
were now so dark and deep,
Shrouding promises,
I did not want to keep.

Everything around me changed,
was much darker than before.
My ears pounding in pain,
Yet I knew I could simply go.

My vision was distorted large,
As a coloured cloud passed
I looked back through it whole
The slowly dimming last glow.

I suddenly flapped hard
Aiming for the highest sky
My arms by now were heavy
My heads seemed to sway.

My heart had been at rest
My body was now too.

I wish,
you had been my friend.
I did,
send you a postcard once.

I waited for you to write,
Maybe today we were to meet
To balance out differences
And to stop the bleed.

As we slowly become one,
As I give up all the pain,
My wounds no more count
As now it is always rain.

I remember telling him once
Even if every bit went wrong
Rain could simply fix it all
Just, let the magic drops fall.

Now, I was, one with the rain,
Later, I would be the cloud.

I was now,
drenching the grass blade,
I was now,
the treason, and the shade.

I was now one with the soil
The soil I had once been
I was now the sweet smell,
As always hence I was seen.


No comments:

Post a Comment