Monday, May 20, 2013

the girl in the diary

if i was the girl in the diary...
i'd be mystical,
my poise justified...
my fate decided,
at the hands of the wielder of the pen
at the mercy of her destiny...
i would glide.

if i were the girl in the diary...
i would be as concrete as a dream...
as powerful as a wish...
as potent as the river flowing afresh...
i would be
as happy as a dove...
as sad as a fish...
as loved as a pet...
i would be...
as gallant as the grandfather's gun...
as timid as the 'newly wed' child bride...
as homeless as the donkey they bred...
as sheltered as the tree under the sky...!
i would be living in the hills...
diving into the sea...
breeding fleas...
i would be...
as happy as could be...!!!

i could be all but me...

if i were the girl in the diary...
i could be rolling pancakes...
i could be inking letter cases..
i could be riding a pony...
i could be snipping petals...!
i could be writing a letter...
i could be reading a book...
i could be stroking a pipe...
i could also be locked
only to survive...!!

for,
if i were the girl in the diary
this is what i could be...
for i could be sold into copies,
scratches on the manuscript
ripping my soul...
stealing me of my glory...
stealing me of my price...

for if it were money i were after...
the girl in the diary would be...
as hard as the lump in the chest...
as lonely as a tree in a groove...
as fragile as a single bone...
as brave as a mouse within...
as hidden as the bright yellow sun...!!

for,even then...
the girl in the diary would be me...!!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment