Tuesday, January 15, 2013

and then there were none.
that's how all of it began...
i thought i was safe here...
i thought here i was me...
i thought i was loved here...
and i thought
       all of this will never end.
i look back
       to where they say it began
not knowing where i stood..
i was still thinking,
of he who chose never to come...
of he who was always by my side...
and also
of he who breathed down my neck.
how i wished
a couple were not the same.
not changing but different...
for then it is not destiny...
but the present i could frame.

1 comment:

  1. Birthday Girl...
    I succumbed to my eternal loneliness, with the ignominy of a wallflower..
    For the fact had descended on my precious “fist sized” ...
    It had remain caged in solitude for all its life and thought it would remain so forever..
    The New Years Eve, the Christmas carol or the lighting of candles during the death of summer,
    nothing seemed to find that lost smile..
    Until something found its way right up to the “fist sized”...
    Something abstract yet as palpable as the dust in the air..
    A friendship so strong that it broke the barricades of time and hopelessness
    and walked into the darkness with the confidence and smile of a 3 yr old,
    spreading that much needed warmth which otherwise only a mother’s embrace can provide...
    Today I lie on my knees with my hands clasped in sheer reverence thanking him,
    for it was him who sent this little cherubic thing into my life...
    That little favour he did me, has already lasted me a lifetime..
    and something in me tells me, it will last me many more!!
    Happy Birthday..glad u were born!
    SA :)

    ReplyDelete