Thursday, April 12, 2012

Would I have known?

I wouldn't have known what is behind the mountain,
                                      were I not perched on that shoulder.
I wouldn't have known what is to forgo fear,
                                      were I not clinging on to that firm finger.
I wouldn't have known what is to fly,
                                      were I not hurled into the air.
I wouldn't have known what is it to trust,
                                      were I not sure I would never fall,
                                      with him there.

I wouldn't have known what is dawn,
                                      were I not curled into those arms.
I wouldn't have known what is the colour blue,
                                      were I not looking through those eyes.
I wouldn't have known what is fair,
                                      were I not winning without my share.
I wouldn't have known what is life,
                                      were I not walking the roof slopes,
                                      with him I could dare.

I wouldn't have known what is real,
                                      were I not sitting right by his side.
I wouldn't have know what is savoury,
                                      were I not spoilt with every delight.
I wouldn't have know what is serene,
                                      were I not writing this tonight.
I wouldn't have know what is chime,
                                      were I not thinking of his happy voice,
           responding to my "Happy 76th Birthday" with delight.


1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful milady! Happy 76th birthday Nana ji! :) Loved it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete